Pursuant to the construction of the first phase of the Lagos Rail Mass Transit project,the state Government is extending the traffic diversion already in place at Muritala Mohammed Way from the previously extended completion date of December 31, 2022 to February 28, 2023.
A statement by Dr. Frederic Oladeinde, the Commissioner for Ministry of Transportation, the Commissioner said that the extension was necessary to enable the contractor complete the construction of the ramp.
He said,the traffic on Muritala Mohammed way would be diverted to Ojuelegba- Tejuosho slip road to link Muritala Mohammed Way, while traffic circulating Western Avenue, Yaba and Herbert Macaulay would be diverted to Empire road to access Muritala Mohammed and Western Avenue for a continued journey as stated previously in the past traffic diversion notices.
He promised that the construction site would be cordon off for the safety of the citizenry, adding that emergency vehicles would be on ground to tow faulty vehicles along the axis.
According to him,signage would be placed on the access roads with the presence of the state’s traffic management authority to manage traffic flow and minimize inconveniences just as they have done since the commencement of the project.
He reiterated government’s commitment towards the development of transport infrastructure within the metropolis.




