The national leadership of the All Progressives Congress (APC) says none of the party’s governorship aspirants in Oyo State has been disqualified from participating in tomorrow’s gubernatorial primary election.
The clarification was sequel to widespread speculation that a former Minister of Power and one of the leading governorship aspirants, Chief Adebayo Adelabu, had been disqualified from the contest.
The Chairman of the APC House of Assembly/Governorship Primaries Election Committee in Oyo State, Taofeek Olawale Abdulsalam, dismissed the rumours at a press conference in Thursday.
He stated that all aspirants who purchased and submitted the party’s nomination and expression of interest forms had been cleared to contest.
Abdulsalam assured party members of a peaceful primary election.
“We have been here since yesterday, and we are satisfied with what we have seen so far. Tomorrow will be a better day for APC members in Oyo State,” he said.
According to him, the committee would only collate and forward the results of the primary election to the party’s national headquarters for official announcement.
“We have no power to announce the results. At the end of the primaries, our responsibility is to forward the results to the national headquarters of the party for announcement,” he stated.
He also noted that the Monitoring Committee would ensure transparency and fairness during the exercise.
The Chairman of the APC Primaries Election Monitoring Committee in the state, Ayo Afolabi, assured party members of adequate monitoring and a credible electoral process during the primaries.

